NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO WIN.
The New York Young Entrepreneur Challenge (NY YEC) opens for electronic submissions on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:00 am EST and closes to submissions on February 28th, 2014 at 5:00 pm EST. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the NY YEC.
1. Eligibility: The NY YEC is open to individuals who are 17-22 years of age at the time of entry and either (1) live in the state of New York or (2) attend an accredited New York college or university as a full-time undergraduate student. Employees of FrontStreet Facility Solutions, its subsidiaries, and members of their immediate family are not eligible to enter or win.
2. How to Enter: To enter, complete the online application process at http://www.frontstreetfs.com/community-application.htm. An electronic submission of a business idea of 1000 words or less is required. A panel of judges will select the top entries for a live pitch competition. Judges will select the top entries based upon the core product/service, core client/demographic, vision, originality, and likelihood to succeed. Only one entry is permitted per person. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Top scoring applicants must be available for the live pitch competition, which will be held May 14th, 2014 in New York City. Those applicants selected for the live pitch competition will be contacted by March 14th, 2014. Applicants will be required to respond to the notification by March 17th, 2014 and failure to respond to notification will be grounds for Sponsor’s disqualification of a finalist.
3. Entry Requirements: The entry must be the Entrant’s original business idea, created solely by the Entrant, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity. The business idea document must not contain any personally identifiable information. Should the Entrant include personally identifiable information in the uploaded business pitch, the Entrant will be disqualified from the challenge.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time.
4. Prize: Top scoring Entrants who are invited to the live pitch challenge will be eligible for start-up funding and a suite of business services and/or products. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by the Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign, or transfer prize or redeem for cash, but the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as provided.
5. Applicable laws and jurisdiction: This NY YEC is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, and interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with the NY YEC will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action exclusively by a state or federal court located in Bohemia, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorney’s fees) associated with participation in the NY YEC and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental, and/or consequential damages.
Sponsor: FrontStreet Facility Solutions, Inc., headquartered in Bohemia, New York.